Thursday, July 5, 2012

Runners World Streak is Over!



I’m done with Runners World Streak challenge. It was hard and I’m glad it’s over. 

Here’s the truth: I didn’t run 1 mile every day. I started a few days late and missed some days here and there – mostly because I couldn’t fit it in my schedule or I was sick or even just not up for it. However, I never let myself believe I failed and while of course I wouldn’t admit it to you (or anyone who knew I was doing this) during the streak, I also tried not to let myself believe I fell off course. If I did that, I would be admitting defeat and then it would be too tempting to stop all together. Those days that I missed the runs were sort of just erased from my memory bank.

Here are some of the lessons I learned:
  1.  I like to challenge myself.
  2. Having a definitive start and end date to any goal really helps me to keep on track.  I can see the finish line.
  3. The streak helped me to start a new mantra: Just Keep Going. This is great for so many things in life. If you fall off the wagon, just get up and keep going. Don’t look back.  
  4. Running every day is boring. And when you have to run every day,  I discovered that it’s hard to get in or feel motivated to do  the long runs. However, I think it did help with my speed work because I just wanted to get the runs over with as quickly as possible.
  5. I think I would enjoy doing these type of challenges with a friend. More accountability and possibly more fun.  (Note: RW has this challenge again over the holidays. Who’s joining me?)



STATS:
I ran 28 days out of 38.
I ran a total of 92.27 miles. That’s an average of 3.3 miles/ workout.

DAILY RUN
Day 1: no run. started late
Day 2: no run. started late
 Day 3: 5 miles
Day 4: 5 miles
Day 5: 3 miles
Day 6:  3.05
Day 7: 1.32
Day 8: 5 miles
Day 9: 3.05
Day 10: 6.2 miles
Day 11: Blast Class + 1 mile
Day 12: 3.44 miles
Day 13: Blast Class
Day 14: no run. not sure what happened.
Day 15: 7 miles
Day 16: Blast Class  2 miles
Day 17: 3.13
Day 18: Blast class + 3 miles
Day 19: no run. not sure what happened.
Day 20: 7.11 miles
Day 21: 4.62 miles
Day 22: Crossfit class + 3.6 miles
Day 23: 3 miles
Day 24: 6.28 miles
Day 25: weekend relax
Day 26: Blast and 3.5
Day 27: 4.0 miles
Day 28: no run. not sure what happened.
Day 29: busy getting ready for vacation.
Day 30: 3.53
Day 31: 3.76
Day 32: vacation
Day 32: 3 miles
Day 33: vacation
Day 34: 1.25
Day 35: 2.3
Day 36: travel day
Day 37: sick
Day 38: 4.5 miles


2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's really eye opening to see your stats laid out in this form. It looks like the overall conditioning and mixing up of your plan fuels your soul and drive! A plan for me to consider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And will you be joining me in the streak over the holidays my friend?

      Delete