Tuesday, June 26, 2012

To pack or not to pack?


When my younger self was taking a vacation I always took my workout gear. I’d think to myself  - I’ll have all this free time and I’ll use it to get in really good shape.

I can’t remember a vacation where I found myself working out a lot. More often than not, I’d get home and unpack all my workout gear (and the guilt) that had never been touched.

One good thing about getting older is I’ve finally learned my lesson and I do things smarter so the workout gear rarely makes it into the suitcase. However, this trip I’m about to embark on is slightly different. Remember that 38 day Runner’s World streak? I’m still trying to do this so those running shoes will be packed and I will have to figure out how to get a run in every day. I’m ok with this and to tell you the truth, I finally feel like I’m on a pretty good groove with my exercise. Taking a week off would set me back so I’m glad that I’m being ‘forced’ to keep up with my runs.

Now let’s see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment